Protecting your personal details on our website.
The Website is brought to you by Jantar. We believe it is important to protect your Personal Data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) and we are committed to giving you a personalised service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your privacy. This policy explains how we may collect Personal Data about you. It also explains some of the security measures we take to protect your Personal Data, and tells you certain things we will do and not do. You should read this policy in conjunction with our Terms & Conditions.
We store data about you for two reasons: firstly, to process your order and secondly to provide you with the best possible service.
How we collect your personal data
- From you when you agree to purchase a product from us, in which case this may include your contact details, how you will pay for the product.
- From you when you sign up to our emails
- From you when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us, in which case, this may tell us something about how you use our services.
Using Your Personal Data
Personal data about our customers is an important part of our business and we shall only use it for the following purposes:
- To process your orders.
- To help us to identify you when you contact us.
- To allow us to carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical and testing information.
- To help to prevent and detect fraud or loss.
- We may check your details with fraud prevention agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
- To allow us to contact you (via email) about products and services offered by us where
- these products are similar to those you have already purchased from us,
- you were given the opportunity to opt out of being contacted by us at the time your Personal Information was originally collected by us and at the time of our subsequent communications with you, and
- you have not opted out of us contacting you.
We may allow other people and organisations to use personal data we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- If we have been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
When you purchase anything from us, we will give you the opportunity to tell us if you do or do not want to receive information from us about our news and products. You can normally do this by ticking a box. You can also always send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time if you change your mind, or clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email we send you.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
Please remember that communications over the internet, such as emails and webmails (messages sent through a website), are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before they are delivered - this is the nature of the internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of Personal Data that is beyond our control.